Another weekend is over. Time really flies and we are about to reach the midst of May in another 5 days time.
It was mother's day on Sunday and I went home during Saturday to bring my mommy out for dinner. Our family is getting smaller. One by one, all ties become so loose. Only Sis, Mom and me went for dinner a JP, settled for Din Tai Feng. The food was not bad especially nice when it is steaming hot for the xiao long bao. The only bad was that the portions are relatively small. We ordered 6 dishes for $57, but wasn't filling. Or was it because that was my first meal of the day at 6 plus pm and I was so hungry I could swallow a cow literally! Lol. Mommy bought herself a ruby ring and that's was her present that we duly paid for, my mommy is always self fulfilling, which is good in a way that we do not have to think of what to get for her. Happy Mommy's day!
Us three ladies went shopping after that, was fun and burning small holes in our pockets. I can't remember how long ago I did shopping with them. We were always busy with our own things. I wish we can hang out more often, what a weird family we are right? That's life when we do not express ourselves very well, we think more than we do and kept all the care and concern inside us. Only when there's crisis you can really feel the love and bond. So bad, and I want to improve on it.
Sunday was with BF and family to Universal Studio Singapore. Second visit for us and we already experienced all rides. Half way through the visit it rained and we were once again drenched like the first visit! Rain loves us lol. This time more photos were taken and we re-visited the most trailing ride, the revenge of the mummy for a good 6 times in a row! Makes me all giddy and puke~y at the end of it, but we managed to have a family ride with all other seats empty and all of us posed for the photo which we bought after 6 trials! Never really went for other rides cos it wasn't really that fun. Too bad the Sci-Fi roller coaster is still shut down for safety issue and the Madagascar is not open yet =( But a unique time spent with the elders and his family, the price was still worth while.
My main intention of the second visit was to take photos with many other characters but only ended up taking pictures with Frankenstein, Beetle juice, Gongfu Panda, Mummy's army. I wanted to take photos with Madagascar King Julien, penguins and hippo but when it's our turn they had to leave for performance =(
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the opening time of USS was 10am and we purposely woke up super early at 745am and went for MacDonald breakie before we queue to be the first to enter! lol. I was totally worn out at 630 pm but we still went for Mommy's day dinner at Hong Xin.
This restaurant, Hong Xin, I swear to my ancestor that this will be my first and last time I'll ever dine in it. The service sucks, the server sucks and most importantly the food and the price sucks! for a set dinner of 7 course meal it cost us $450, might as well rob our bank for it. We waited for 20 minutes before the supposing cold dish is served and waited some more before other food comes. I have never once seen the table FULL of empty glass and bowls with the remaining of previous dishes, it was so dirty that it spoilt my mood to fill my stomach. The Shark's Fin suck and the steam fish suck, all suck! Damn it, what a way to end mother's day. Hong Xin is famous for its dim sum? Hell no it is famous to make u mad!
Next up is Father's day. I don't really have a daddy so it seems like just another day to be happy about. Happy Mommy's day to all Mothers in the world!
Normal me
Kate
No comments:
Post a Comment