Date: 29th October 2012
In my last post, I talked about moving slowly, a step at a time. Yet unknowingly from that moment, I went from gear one to gear five and I am at my last 3 days of work at Kim Hing Food Industries Pte Ltd typing away this post right now. I had a lot of emotions I have never had before, I guess it made me felt cherished, loved, cared by staff and bosses I thought would be nonchalant otherwise.
From getting a job offer to getting two, having a huge battle within myself in choosing the right career path, then rejecting a seemingly lucrative position and possible huge career advancement for something that is more stable and a job that I wanted to have all along, to having to go through weeks of fear of non-confirmation for the job offer that I agree on accepting (that's if I cleared all criteria and have the panel to confirm my employment!) then the result of the medical check-up and finally the resignation for a job that I had for a whole 3 years!, all of the above in the span of over a month, phew! Heartache, anxiety, happiness, sadness and anticipation were the mix feelings that I have been feeling in this whole month which was more then I what I have ever felt in my past employment, other than during different stages of tertiary graduation.
Looking back, I am actually thankful that I have started out on a job that stemmed from traditional values, more rigid, having to deal with attitude from the older staffs and demanding bosses and associates. I am forced to be superbly independent with my desktop being my only "co-worker", learning to cope with demands from bosses and associates, having to endure all patterns of attitudes from the older staff whom think "they knew it all" and lastly doing work/assignments/routines which I didn't enjoy and couldn't do it for the rest of my life. So moved on I did and it seems to be on fast forward pace like someone had pressed on that button on the remote control.
Last Thursday, 25th October 2012, I had a dinner date with Mrs Irene, my lady boss, my guidance, my benevolent at Jack's Place near the AMK library. I had my utmost favourite steak, yummy mushroom soup and their signature salad. We had lots of small talks about everything, her sons, my life, my past my future. How I wish she's really my God Mother, someone whom I hold on to dearly and looked upon to and how I wish I can call and talk to her every now and then even when I left the company. All good things comes to an end and I knew very well this could be our last meal together as I embark on a new journey but I am glad it was a very memorable one. I will never forget her, dear Mrs Irene. =))
Fast forwarding back to present! Few hours ago, Kel*** asked for mine IC number which prompts me for the reason for it and I was surprised by the reply. My boss wanted it as he is amidst the preparation of a testimonial for me for my future career references. I felt touched and I could feel that tears will be overflowing imminently. That was when I really wanted to pen down my feelings this moment. *Updated on 31st October 2012* Today is my last day of work with Kim Hing Food Industries Pte Ltd. I am really thankful for this initiation move from my boss as I am well aware that this is not a mandatory requirement. It feels like all my hardwork paid off and has gotten noticed of and this is yet the best gift for my farewell. Thank you Mr Norman Tan for always crediting me for a job well done even if it's just an email reply stating " Well done Kate!" And although he is quite tempermental, he has never once lash it upon me. Just moments ago he came by office shortly and despite rushing off to catch his plane to Hong Kong he remembered that it is my last day today (31st October 2012), came up to me and shake hands with me wishing me all the best. =))
I know I have my fair share of complaints of my job and the staffs here but at this moment, I didn't feel "shiok" although it is my last day of work. I guess it was the emotional attachment and bond to this place where I have been around for three years, to the colleagues who are a breeze to work with although I seldom mix with them or know them well by their names and to the bosses especially Mrs Irene whom has taken care of me so well and one whom I can't bear to leave.
I will see them soon nonetheless. This is a happy ending and I look forward to the new chapter of my life. I am proud to say I have achieve my one milestone and is moving on to the next.
Aja Aja Fighting Kate!
With Love,
Kate Chng
No comments:
Post a Comment