Days seem to be fast forwarding ever since graduating from school. There's no more half yearly break from the textbooks and notes, just the routinely work, home, bed and work home bed. Then comes the weekend then back to work, home and bed.
I am the lucky one out of the most unlucky if you know what I mean. Didn't have the most high flying grades, just the oh-I-am-so-lucky I can get by my degree, phew! When my classmate have all gotten a good job after graduation, I was still trying my hard luck which couldn't get anywhere until my current boss asked my faculty's professor to introduce candidate to him that I finally have a chance to land myself a job. In the midst of job search two years on, was lucky to get few statutory board's calling up for interview but failed terribly again and again. My god. Why am I so bad at interviews? I was always like an ants on fire whenever I entered that door to the opportunity of a better job prospect , just to have it crashed due to my inablity of confidence speaking and the nerves all wrecked up.
Now, at last I have an interview where I think I fared good and not much nerve wrecking moment, I never heard from the company ever! Not even an rejection. Patiently waiting until weeks passed, month passed but there is still no news.(Last checked on 14 Aug 2012, so the company still haven't replied to the agency whom is suppose to inform me and I will just have to wait for update from him. =.=)
How not to feel dejected? Human's feeling are so fragile, especially so for mine. Nobody knows how much I have worked hard for those interviews, rehearsing times and again of those questions to myself. It's ok, perhaps, the almighty had a better path paved for me and I just need to grab and prepare myself for that one chance and maybe just maybe I will nail it! And all those hardwork will pay off and I am off to better future.
Things has to change, it is just a matter of time.
Taking baby steps are better than not moving at all.
All disgruntling aside. I feel like an adult finally. Responsible for my own action and building a path with my other halves. The first of which is getting a flat together which will be ready in 3 years down the road. This reminds me that I have still so much to do and save, for our future.
I can sense that Sumo is growing up too, older of course, but mentally becoming more responsible in many areas, even had talks about marriage stuffs with his bro-in-law and sister, not that I have rushed him to! I just secretly wished for it I guess! haha. He even ask me to view the wedding bands together when we were at Taka last Saturday. My heart was warmed with invisible smiles to myself. Yes, things are moving in my life, slowly but steadily.
Sumo is also back working with his previous boss on the 12 Aug 2012 and having a steady income like finally! This time was not under my pressure but the pressure of his colleagues/ex-colleagues that he finally decided and relented. He's really different from me who is all shy, unfriendly and quiet and slow to warm up with accquaintances. The direct opposite of me, Mr everything also can talk under the sun, super helpful to anyone and all smileys to people he first meet was his greatest strength. I have forgotten whether was it the same character that had attracted me to him. I am glad for us, but a part of me is still feeling guilt because the family business is now short handed without Sumo helping out. Again, I was hesitatant on my feeling because he was having instable income working for the parents, which is low to start with and had no savings at all, I was worried for our future. Anyhow things are looking better now for him and for us!
Like I say, things cannot remain stagnant at all times, it moves even in the different direction. I like how things are slowly moving forward and I believe that soon, very soon, my career path will move forward too.
I look forward to that day.
Until then,
Love Kate <3 br="br">3>
No comments:
Post a Comment